Some of our favorite fruits this week!
Remember that these are really good prices on fresh fruits and now is the time to stock up!
Red Grapes .99/lb. ($1.98/2lb. pkg)
Here is the blueberry recipe I told you I would come up with having all those blueberries! We actually make this a lot with strawberries, but blueberries made a nice change.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 teas. baking powder
- ¾ cup gluten free flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teas. salt
- Combine blueberries and ½ cup sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Melt butter in 8½x11 baking dish.
- Mix 1 cup of the sugar, gluten free flour, baking powder, salt and milk together in bowl.
- Pour mixture over melted butter and do not stir.
- Top with strawberry mixture, again, do not stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min.
This week at Aldi…
Tip: My guess is we may be getting close to the end of strawberries being .99. If you like to stock up and freeze them, now may be the time. You can freeze them in pint or quart sized bags for smoothies, or to add to your muffin mix.