On this rainy afternoon, I was craving some cake, but was looking for something grain free and little to no sugar. I came across an old recipe for a gluten free almond flour pound cake. I changed it up a little and added some lemon vitality essential oil. Can you say… yum?
Totally delicious, moist, and satisfying to the sweet tooth. It was quite simple. I love that word these days, simple. With our busy lifestyle and my limited time in the kitchen, I want things that are simple. I like choosing ingredients that are a little more on the healthy side.
This is one of those dump and stir type recipes, keeping it easy for you. 🙂
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup Stevia (powdered) or other sugar substitute
- 3½ ounces cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 drops Young Living Lemon Vitality oil (or zest of one lemon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and stevia add each ingredient in order and mix well between each.
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and knife comes out clean.
I love cooking with my vitality essential oils from Young Living,** but you can always use the zest of the lemon instead. That is where the lemon oil comes from, the zest from the lemon is actually lemon essential oil. Cool, huh? The essential oil is just much more concentrated. So a little goes a long way.
**be sure when cooking with your essential oils you only use the purest essential oils and ones that are GRAS certified. I cannot vouch for other essential oil companies and can only be confident in the purity of Young Living, so when cooking with essential oils, I don’t recommend substituting with other brands. If you would like to get started with Young Living, I would love for you to and you can do so here.
Let me know how you like it! We are sure enjoying it!