Angel food cakes is one of my all time favorite cakes. It is so light and airy. I like the "spongy" consistancy to it. I have always been able to make the cake by just getting a mix and making it, so gluten free version from scratch takes a little more effort, but it is still easy and so WORTH it! I have made a previous version of angel food cake here. I am currently out of my brown rice flour mix and wanted some angel food cake, so I used Pamela's Pancake and Baking mix. It turned out ever so perfect! So soft and moist! Just be sure to sift the flour mix 3 times like the instructions say. It gets some of the larger particles from the flour mix removed.
Here are a couple other recipes made with Pamela's Pancake and Baking Mix:
|Angel Food Cake Recipe Revisited||
- 12 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup Pamela's Ultimate Pancake and Baking Mix
- 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tarter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Measure egg whites in a measuring cup to 1 1/2 cups (about 12 egg whites).
- Place eggs in a mixing bowl an allow to reach room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Sift confectioners sugar and flour together 3 times into a separate bowl.
- Add cream of tarter, salt, and extract to the egg whites and beat on high speed.
- Add sugar slowly and continue on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in flour mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 10 inch tube pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 min.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely while pan is inverted. (I always rush this part and flip it onto a plate
You can find many other ideas for angel food cake at Moms Crazy Cooking!