Let’s face it. Life is busy. We are busy. Sometimes dinner doesn’t get started until 6:00 or later. We run kids, we have jobs, life happens. But I get tired of eating out. I like a home cooked meal, even if it is a throw together.
That happened tonight. Kids have gymnastics, kids have soccer, car is in the shop, lots of juggling. So, I did what any other mom can do. I threw together a filling, delicious meal, in about 15 minutes. Yes, I did.
We happened to have some leftover rotisserie chicken, the Costco one. Gluten free.
So, I put together some pasta, some chicken, some broccoli, and some Progresso cream of mushroom soup, top it with some cheese, and Voila! I have to tell you though, the gluten free pasta makes or breaks your meal, so choose carefully.
This is our favorite brand of pasta. It’s rice. It is not mushy. It tastes like “real” pasta.
Here is the recipe: super easy, enjoy!
- 1 Package spiral pasta
- 2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie is what I used)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (Progresso is cheap and gluten free)
- 2 cups cooked broccoli, not mushy
- cheddar cheese
- Boil your pasta until tender, do not over cook.
- Shred your chicken, cook it first if you need to.
- Steam your broccoli.
- Mix all of the above and add your 2 cans of soup. Pour into a 9x13 pan. Top with cheese and heat it in the oven for about 15 minutes on 350 degrees.